I love a good workout! And I am now a big fan of The Bar Method workout. I have been in an exercise slump these past couple of months and these DVDs have been a great way to get me motivated again to enjoy working out.
I know you are wondering, “What is it?” In my own words, “Awesome!” But to be a little more technical their description is a lot better…
“The Bar Method integrates the fat burning format of interval training, the muscle shaping technique of isometrics, the elongating principles of dance conditioning, and the science of physical therapy to create a revolutionary new workout that quickly and safely reshapes your entire body.”
What I love:
- No fancy equipment needed! Everything you need is in your home (i.e. a chair can be used for the bar)
- I do not need a lot of room to workout.
- They demonstrate easy and advanced moves, so you can do what is comfortable for you and your speed.
- These are typically low impact moves. I’m not into step aerobics, lately, and love the slow moves!
- I can feel improvement each time I do a workout.
- Each workout video is different from the previous, giving me a nice variety to work with.
- My children love to do it with me, or watch me. It’s calming for them, too.
- Gives a great burn!
I really cannot say enough positive things about this workout! I will admit that the very first time I did each video, I probably spent more time watching than really doing it. Each move looks easy, but is a lot harder than it looks. DO NOT let that scare you. The second time I saw/felt a lot of improvement on the moves I had trouble with. I am learning a ton and gaining a greater appreciation for small movements. I am working out muscles that I think have been neglected for too long. You know, those small ones that are hard to workout, like your upper back, triceps and inner thighs! I have only been doing the videos the past couple of months and will let you know my progress in a couple of months.
The Bar Method offers classes in studios all over the USA and Canada. If you are fortunate to live near a studio, you should go try a class out. For those of us, like me, who are not near a location, the Bar Method has a great series of DVD workouts, including beginner, advanced and pregnancy workouts! I have been using the Super Sculpting Series and the Dancer’s Body Advanced Workout.
Give it a try and let me know how you like it! Make sure you check out the Bar Method site for more specific information and to view video demonstrations of the workout.
*I received product to facilitate this review. All opinions are 100% my own!