I have been having so much fun this past week playing with the My Memories Suite, a digital scrapbooking software. I have purchased other scrapbooking software before and have been a bit disappointed with them. They slowed down my computer and I could not find an easy way to find answers or directions to do what I wanted to do. You can label me as a beginner scrapbooker with big ideas and no idea how to start creating them! With the My Memories Suite, they have a blog and a forum where I can ask other experienced digital scrapbookers questions and where I was also able to find some great resources, like these MyMemories How To Videos. Loved it! (I could have my MyMemories open in one screen and the video in the other that walked me through their tutorial. I learned so much in a short amount of time. No banging my head on the keyboard!)
MyMemories Suite is not just for creating a scrapbook album, but you can create cards (hint, hint! Think Christmas), invitations, calendars and anything else you can think of that you may want to embellish and personalize with some cute scrapbook and accents. And if you do want to create just a scrapbook album, they have you covered! You can create one from scratch or use one of their already premade themed album templates. Just pop your pictures in. adjust layout to your liking and POOF! Your scrapbook is ready! The MyMemories Suite comes with a large variety of options preloaded and there are many more affordable kits available on their site (check out their freebies section, too). I have been collecting digital kits for years (when offered for free) hoping to use them someday and it was so much fun to finally be able to use them!
Here is my creation:
This is Fun On a Dime’s Holiday Card for this year! The two Santa’s on the Right are my hubby playing Santa for a couple Christmas parties. My son and daughter are each around 2 years old in their screaming photos! lol
I created this Christmas Card using a premade photo layout provided in the MyMemories Suite Software and added paper and embellishments from a digital scrapbooking kit I already had. What do you think? I love how it turned out! Now, my mind is racing on what else I can create. I may just have my daughter’s “5 Years!” scrapbook done way before her birthday next year!
Another fun feature is that there are a variety of ways to share your creations with your friends and family like using “video, music, and narration to bring all your memories to life.”
I don’t really have any cons about this software just a few warnings:
- Make sure you save your creations every now and then. I learned the hard way! A sweet little kiddo accidentally closed the program and I lost my creation over the weekend and had to start over.
- When playing around at my mom’s house, we tried many different looks and features for hours. Every now and then we discovered we needed to close the program and start it again, especially if we walked away for a long time. That seemed to help clear it’s memory/clipboard and everything processes better. But again, that was after a long time on the program!
Other than that, I highly recommend this program! At $40 it is affordable, it works great and it lets you get your CREATIVE on!
Want to get started right away and don’t want to wait to see if you can win it? Get it a $10 discount + $10 to spend in their kit store!
(copy and paste this to make sure it is accurate)
**P.S. Become a fan of their facebook page and they give out fun little bonuses, too (but, remember to write the code down!)
MyMemories is generously giving one Fun On a Dime reader their own copy of MyMemories Suite for their own personal use! (a $40 value)
Want To Win?
- (Mandatory Entry) Visit www.MyMemories.com and find your favorite digital paper pack or layout and tell me in a comment below. One entry.
any of these are optional
- Like/Follow MyMemories on their Blog, Facebook, and/or Twitter. Leave a comment below for each one once completed. One entry each = 3 Total Entries
- Be a follower of Fun On A Dime somehow (Facebook, Twitter, OR Newsletter). Only need to follow one way and 1 entry total (although, if you follow more than one way, You Rock!). Leave a comment with which one once completed.
- **Total of 4 Bonus entries possible!
Leave a separate comment for each entry! Do one or all of the bonus entries!
This giveaway will close on December 12th, 2011 at 10 p.m PST. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above, but all opinions are 100% my own! =)