This is one of my favorite games! It is super easy to set up and loads of fun and giggles. And new to this blog, I even was able to put together a demo movie for your viewing enjoyment!
What You Need:
- 1 or 2 large bags of Peanut M&M’s depending on group size (not the extra large pictured above!)
- A big bowl for the M&M’s
- 2 dice
- Shake straws – like the kind you get from a fast food place
- 1 cup/little bowl for every player
- Something to roll the dice in or on (pie tin, box, plate, etc)
- No touching the bowl other than to place it in front of yourself (i.e. don’t have one hand on the bowl while trying to suck up the M&M’s).
- You must roll a double to pass the pie tin on and snag the M&M bowl.
- The only way to transfer the M&M’s from the bowl to your cup is with the straw by sucking. (NO HANDS!!!)
Pour large bag of M&M’s into bowl. Peanut M&M’s have worked best thus far. Also, a large bag of M&M’s is more than enough. I bought a extra huge bag and it was WAY too many!
Gather friends and/or family and have everyone sit in a large circle around the M&M bowl.
Hand a straw and cup out to each player. Shake straws work the best for sucking.
Pass the pie tin around with the 2 dice to the left. Each player rolls. The first player to get a double gets the M&M bowl.
The person to the left of the “M&M Sucker” gets the die and keeps rolling until they roll a double. Once they roll a double, they get the bowl and the pie tin moves to the left.
Keep repeating until all the M&M’s are gone!
Note: This game is more suited for older kids and adults. We let the little kids have their own “turn” at the end of the game.
**UPDATE: Here is a fun alternative for the younger children to have a turn at this game.