Here’s a fun little cool treat any kid is sure to love. In our case, we made this to go with my son’s Pirate Themed Birthday Party.
You can get the specific recipe for Aquarium Cups here, but this is the basics and tips I learned while making it.
What You Need:
- Get the recipe here
- Clear cups or small bowls
- 1 box of blue gelatin
- Chopped strawberries
- Bite sized chewy fish (we used Swedish Fish)
1. We did the speed method, i.e. the freezer instead of the fridge and used 2 boxes instead of 1.
2. We added the strawberries in the first layer.
3. Let the second layer set and add the fish to the jello just before you serve it. Those who saved their fish bowls until the next day said the soggy fish were not appetizing. Also, the top will not be smooth after adding the fish. You are sliding the fish in through the top, so you get the look of a fish bowl from the side.
4. The kids thought it was fun, but of course, they love anything gelatin!