I am a firm believer that date nights are an important part of every marriage. A couple of weeks ago I posted a fabulous tutorial on a Date Jar full of fun stay at home date ideas. Sometimes though all the stars align correctly and we get to venture out of the house on a date. We can go out to dinner (my favorite), go to the movies, shopping or realistically we normally end up running errands but hey no kids still counts as a date!!
I can not count how many time I have had a date derailed by headaches, colds, heartburn, or just plain not feeling well. I decided all of these things are easy to fix as long as we have the right stuff so I am making a Date Night Survival Kit. I originally was gonna make it purse friendly but I don’t know about you but I don’t always take my purse on date night so I made it for the car. We always take our cars on our dates so it seemed like the perfect solution. Always be prepared right!
For my car Date Night Survival Kit I found a cute container at my local dollar store that would fit in the center console of our cars. I made two since we take different cars depending on where we are going.
Then I made a list of things that could go wrong and that I would want to be prepared for! Here is what I came up with:
- cold/runny nose/feeling icky
- low blood sugar
- heartburn: Nexium 24HR -Just one day. All-day, all night frequent heartburn protection. (May take 1-4 days for full effect. Take as directed.)
- headaches: Advil Tablet Vial -The original round tablets providing safe, effective pain relief for over 25 years. (I love the cute travel size.)
- cold/runny nose/feeling icky: Emergen-C -With over 20 varieties of vitamin supplement drink mixes, Emergen-C offers the formula, flavor, fix, and FUN you’re looking for!
- stress/grumpy: Chocolate always works for me:)
- low blood sugar: again candy works:)
Other things I added were:
- tissues (I hate not having tissues handy.)
- Chapstick (Every good date needs some Chapstick. wink wink)
- Feminine products (No one wants to talk about but it sure does suck if you aren’t prepared!)
- Paper and a pen (Just handy to have.)
- bottle of water (Hard to take medicine without water.) This didn’t actually fit in my box but I put it in the console anyway.
- gum (Another must if we are gonna put that Chapstick to good use!)
What other items are a must for your Date Night Survival Kit? I want to see some cute date night selfies:)