Hi! I’m Liz, from CrowleyZone – a personal blog about life and my adorable kids, but mostly about my kids. I’m so lucky that Michelle is letting me visit with you again. She rocks, I have learned so much from her.
Well today I wanted to share a simple and cheap Saint Patrick’s Day craft to help get your home in the spirit of the holiday. I’m sure you’ve all seen the cute Button Heart on Pinterest and I decided to take that idea and make a button Shamrock.
What you’ll need:
- Cardboard (or whatever you would rather use-plaque, tile, I chose cardboard because it was free)
- Paint (any color you want, I chose black and white to make stripes) and paint brush (or foam brush)
- Letter stickers
- Glitter (this is optional, I just love glitter)
- Painter’s Tape
- Spray Adhesive (not pictured)
- Glue Gun (not pictured)
- Outline of 4-leaf clover (not pictured but I just googled it)
Steps: (sorry no pictures, forgot to take them)
Step 1: First cut the cardboard to size. I luckily got to skip this step because I already had some cut. (Mine was a little bigger then 8×10)
Step 2: Next paint it. I painted 3 coats white then measured the stripes I wanted. Put down the painters tape and painted 3 coats of black.
Step 3: Then I used the spray adhesive to make a couple of the buttons glittery.
Step 4: While the buttons dry place the letter stickers down to say whatever you want them to say (I chose “Lucky”).
Step 5: After that tape down the Clover outline. Then I placed all the buttons down before I glued them down (you don’t have to place the buttons down first it’s just what I did). Then hot glue the buttons down and remove the clover outline. And voila the finished product!