This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #JustAddRotel #CollectiveBias
As with all sporting events and tournaments, they are a great excuse to bring friends and family together to cheer on favorite teams. Why not get a great deal and have great food at the same time?!?! There are some great savings on RO*TEL at Walmart to help you out!
Are you creating a big snacking spread for the Big Tournament? Looking for ways to spice up game day and save money at the same time? #JustAddRotel is the perfect way to spice up your favorite recipes. From guacamole to pot roast sliders, adding a can of RO*TEL makes a traditional game day recipe into something extraordinary.
Click this link to print a Walmart coupon where you buy 3 cans of RO*TEL, you will get 1 can free!
Hurry, this coupon expires on April 6th and is only while supplies last!
Be sure to look for RO*TEL in either the Pasta or Hispanic aisle in Walmart!
Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
This Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup can be the perfect addition to any big game day or even for a yummy family dinner. Pop it in the crockpot (overnight even), so it is ready for the big day. It’s great for filling the hungry bellies of the masses! Use it as dip or add the tortilla chips to your bowl first and top with the soup. Crunch and spice in one bite. Yum!
Check out the various was you can switch it up at the bottom of this page and leave a comment below telling me your favorite RO*TEL recipe!
What You Need:
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts (frozen boneless and skinless will be easiest)
- 1 can RO*TEL*
- 1-2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can Black Beans (rinsed)
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Corn
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Tortilla Chips
- Favorite Shredded Cheese (we love Mozzarella)
*RO*TEL is on sale at Walmart
Step 1: Add all the ingredients to your crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours.
Step 2: After 8 hours remove chicken and shred it using 2 forks. Add it back to the soup.
Step 3: Serve topped with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips.
For A Faster Cook Time:
- Defrost the chicken before adding it to the crockpot and reduce the cook time
- Increase the heat to high and change the cook time to 4-6 hours (even less if the chicken is defrosted first 😉 )
For Creamier Soup:
- Add up to 16 oz Sour Cream to the soup before serving. Make sure you stir it well.
For a Hotter Flavor:
- Replace the 1 can diced tomatoes with another can of RO*TEL making it 2 cans of RO*TEL for the recipe.
For a Mild Spice Flavor:
- Try the Mild RO*TEL instead of the regular. A perfect alternative for children or those sensitive to spicy foods.