I am super excited to introduce our new contributor, Shannon! This is her first post of many more to come! We are so excited for this addition to the Fun On a Dime Team!
A friend and I decided to get our kids together for a reading group! We want our kids to learn to LOVE reading and have fun doing it. Whats more fun than getting a yummy treat and a fun book to read.
It will help them with confidence in reading aloud in front of their peers, get their homework done, what mom doesn’t love multi-tasking 🙂 and they are having fun with friends while doing it.
Helpful Tips for the older Readers
- Each kiddo took turns reading a paragraph
- Have books picked out and ready to go
- Choose books based off a theme, current holiday or current events
- Talk about and have the kids discuss details from what they read
- HAVE FUN
Helpful Tips for little readers
- We had a bucket of toys for them to play quietly with
- They say and had a snack while the older kids read to them
- Bring books for them to look at and play with too
What Is Your Favorite After School Treat?